Short Term Business Registration
If you are intending to do business in the Cook Islands as a provider of goods & services with a specific contract for a short period of time, you must apply for a Short Term Business Registration. This applies to those who are contractors, professionals, technical advisors, or consultants, basically anyone who is not an employee.
If you are submitting an expression of interest in the Cook Islands’ Government tenders, you must be rewarded the tender first before applying for the Short Term Business Registration.
How to Apply for Short Term Business Registration
Here’s how to apply for a Short Term Business Registration
- Complete the Short Term Business application form AF1001B
- Submit the full set of documents listed in the Short Term Business Checklist which are:
- Submit relevant contract to provide goods or services in the Cook Islands
- Submit a Business Plan (if not under contract)
- Certified copies of Passport Bio Page along with a clear photo
- Copy of Curriculum Vitae or Company Profile
- Certificate of Company Incorporation Status (company only)
- Certificate showing shareholders and directors (company only)
- Application fee of NZD $750
Applications for the Short Term Business Registration must be received by the 7th of each month to be considered for that month’s Board meeting. Please note, each application is assessed on a case by case basis.