- The Business Enterprise Division (BE) consists of a team dedicated to assisting Cook Islanders into business and expanding their businesses through core services.
The Business Enterprise Division (BE) consists of a team dedicated to assisting Cook Islanders into business and expanding their businesses through core services.
- Financial assistance through offering soft loans to start, maintain and expand businesses.
- Trainings for small businesses or individuals looking to build their capacity and knowledge in business.
- Business advice for those who have business ideas but are unsure on how to make it happen.
We offer soft loans up to $10,000 with a 5% interest rate per annum. Any applications for $5,000 and below can be submitted for express approval, if over $5K, it will have to wait for the Board sitting at the end of every month to undergo consideration
A loan with flexibilities such as a low interest rate or longer repayment periods, usually given for development purposes by Government agencies. Soft loans offer more lenient and favorable terms to the borrower than hard loans.
Contact our Business Enterprise team to register your interest; we will provide you with the application forms and help you with filling these out. We may contact you from time to time with questions to further support your application. If needed, a site visit to your business will take place.
- You must be a Cook Islander (indigenous) or of Cook Island descent
- Completed and signed the Business Loan application form.
- The items you would like to purchase with the funds, must be for business purposes only.
- Valid invoices must be provided for the items. Funds are paid directly to the suppliers.
- Guarantor to guarantee your loan. Must sign the guarantor letter and provide 2 x valid ID’s.
- Applicant must provide 2 x valid ID’s.
- Payslips for the last 4 weeks if you are employed
- Cash Sales Forecast (if you are an expanding or existing business)
- Profit and Loss Statement (if you are an expanding or existing business)
- Bank statement.
- Business plan.
A copy of the criteria form can be downloaded by following the link below.
Click here to download the Business Loan Criteria
Yes! We have a business plan template you can use with questions to guide you. We can help you complete your business plan by going through it with you. We also have a training program on how to write a business plan.
Our training contents are created as per request from our clients based on what they want to know, and what we believe to be a need that will strengthen their skills in business.
Please find below the link to the Business Training’s tab with the list of training programs offered and how to register.
No. Cook Islanders can start business anytime at any place in the Cook Islands without needing to register their business. However, tax obligations will apply once your legal structure is determined, where the Ministry of Finance and Economic Management and the Ministry of Justice can assist you further.
Click HERE to Download BTIB’s Application Form